Friday, June 26, 2009

Brother Bonding Time

It's been a pretty awesome couple of days. Me and my brother left College Station Wednesday morning and drove 12 hours to Albuquerque, NM. Let's be honest, I have seen way cooler cities than Albuquerque, like Waco... or Galveston. Anyways, Thursday we drove some more and arrived at Grand Canyon, AZ. It has always been one of my goals in life to see the Grand Canyon. We took some sweet pics last night and then decided that we would come get some sleep and try to conquer a hike today. 12 miles, doesn't sound that excruciating right? Wrong. It was absolutely beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I may or may not be the sorest that I have ever been.

Sunburn -- check.
Sore everything -- check.
3 rainstorms while hiking -- check.
Hardest/most trying/best day ever -- check.

It was supposed to take 8-12 hours... We did it in a little under 7. I know, you're impressed. We're headed to Cali tomorrow. Mom shacked us up in the Hilton, I'm excited. Text me or something, 6-7 hour drives can be brutal.

No comments: